3rd – 5th grade
30 minute classes for children who are 7-9 (turning 8-10) that continue to build on the foundations of tap, ballet, jazz, and hip hop. Dancers continue to learn the language of dance with an emphasis on musicality and presentation, and start to explore new limits of strength, coordination and flexibility!
- Ballet: dancers receive technical training which includes the positions and terminology of classical ballet. Those skills are applied in the center, in across the floor exercises and at the barre. All other forms of dance require a ballet foundation in order to achieve success.
- Tap: dancers gain the knowledge of tap terminology while gaining a sense of rhythm and timing and discovering isolation. Barre, center and across the floor exercises help increase speed, style and clarity in their sounds.
- Jazz: dancers warm up in the center and progress in the stylistic movements of jazz with across the floor combinations. Along with rhythm, musicality and presentation dancers gain awareness of correct body placement, technique and flexibility.
- Hip Hop: dancers participate in a high-energy warm up and across the floor/center combinations that include the latest movements in this popular style to age-appropriate music.
- Lyrical: dancers will participate in warm up, isolations, stretches, across the floor progressions, and choreography combinations. Class exercises focus on increasing flexibility and strength, rhythms and isolation of body parts, and expressing personal style.
- NEW! Silks: open to anyone 8 and older—beginners welcome! Dancers will be introduced to basic hangs, knots, climbs, and a variety of skills and poses. Dancers will focus on tapping into their upper body, core, and grip strength, developing
body awareness and learning how to fly.
Click here for schedule