6 – 12th grade
30 – 60 minute classes for dancers who are turning 12 and older that expand on the foundations of tap, ballet, jazz, hip hop, and lyrical, and introduce pointe. Dancers continue to add new terms to their dance vocabulary and see an increased emphasis on the concepts of power, improvisation and understanding of controlled stylistic movement. In addition to having more agency in their own learning process, teen dancers are achieving milestones such as first pointe shoes and solo parts in choreography.
- Ballet: dancers receive technical training which includes the positions and terminology of classical ballet. Those skills are applied in the center, in across the floor exercises and at the barre. Pointe work is offered to students who have achieved technical readiness. All other forms of dance require a ballet foundation in order to achieve success.
- Tap: dancers gain the knowledge of tap terminology while gaining a sense of rhythm and timing and discovering isolation. Barre, center and across the floor exercises help increase speed, style and clarity in their sounds.
- Jazz: dancers warm up in the center and progress in the stylistic movements of jazz with across the floor combinations. Along with rhythm, musicality and presentation dancers gain awareness of correct body placement, technique and flexibility.
- Hip Hop: dancers participate in a high-energy warm up and across the floor/center combinations that include the latest movements in this popular style to age appropriate music.
- Lyrical: dancers will participate in warm up, isolations, stretches, across the floor progressions, and choreography combinations. Class exercises focus on increasing flexibility and strength, rhythms and isolation of body parts, and expressing personal style.
- NEW! Silks: Open to anyone 8 and older—beginners welcome! Dancers will be introduced to basic hangs, knots, climbs, and a variety of skills and poses. Dancers will focus on tapping into their upper body, core, and grip strength, developing
body awareness and learning how to fly.
Click here for schedule